Medical research has proven that there are health behaviors that promote good health. Wellness is that wise decision to adopt a healthy lifestyle, and wonderful benefits can be achieved just from changing your diet.
Don’t allow Chronic Disease to Have Dominion Over You
Chronic diseases that we are seeing in the 21st century because of the wrong lifestyle habits and diet are cancer, diabetes, stroke, coronary heart disease, high blood pressure, osteoporosis and obesity. It goes without saying that the risk of disease is higher if more than just one risk factor is present. People with high blood pressure, who smoke and who are inactive will double their chances of having a heart attack.
People with all of the above diseases become healthier and lose more fat easily when they change their diet- and exercise behavior. All the chronic diseases of lifestyle are associated with malnutrition. A low carb diet is an excellent way towards healthy nutrition. Let’s look at just 8 benefits of a low carb diet –
- You’ll lose weight – being overweight is a risk factor for heart disease as well as non-insulin dependant diabetes. Bad diet in inactivity are primary causes of being overweight. Scientific studies show that steady weight loss is occur on a low carb diet. Weight loss will vary between individuals and will depend on how aggressively you eliminate sugar and carbs from your diet.
- Studies show that restricting carbs lowers insulin resistance significantly. High levels of insulin in the blood, known as Hyperinsulinemia, are a risk factor for coronary heart disease.
- Improvement in HDL cholesterol – Studies over 2 years1 have shown that low-carb dieters significantly increased their HDL, or good cholesterol levels. Low carb diets are safe for reducing risk factors for heart disease.
- Less cravings – consuming more healthy fats and proteins turns off the hungry hormone known as ghrelin. Carbohydrates lead to cravings for more food as blood sugar drops and ghrelin increases, A low carb diet allows you to go long er without the need to be constantly snacking.
- Better Hormone Regulation – low-carb diets help with balancing neurotransmitter function in people, improving mood. A low carb diet balances hormones naturally and enhances feelings of well-being.
- Triglycerides will improve – overweight people have elevated small LDL cholesterol and triglycerides, increasing risk of heart attacks. Weight loss improves these abnormalities as well as the insulin resistance that often occurs at the same time. Reductions in dietary carbohydrate sees a decrease in plasma triglycerides by as much as 50% within a few months already.
- Visceral fat, that dangerous and unattractive abdominal fat which results in inflammation starts moving with a low carb diet. Fat stored in the wrong areas affects health and increases risk of disease. Low-carb diets are very effective at reducing fat around the stomach area.
- A low-carb diet is safe and healthy. You don’t look and feel bloated. You don’t walk around feeling miserable and starved. You look and feel good and this has the added bonus of rubbing off on other people that so you enjoy more amicable relationships.
Can a low carb diet be the secret to successful weight loss, better sleep, better health and a better feeling of well-being? Why not give it a try and find out what so many thrilled people before you have discovered?